Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Event Horizon

A horror movie in outer space. This is one of those movies I've seen bits and pieces of throughout the years but had never watched the entire thing from start to finish (until tonight). Good solid entertainment! No more, no less. No deep thoughts, but it sure kept my attention. One thing I never picked up on in all the snippets I'd seen in the past was that the ship had literally been to Hell and back. Interesting idea.

I didn't get the eyeball thing. Why did Sam Neill's ex-wife (or whoever she was) keep showing up without her eyeballs? (Other than "because it was really creepy"). The closest thing to an explanation given is when Neill says something along the lines of, "Where we're going we don't need eyeballs," although perhaps his actual phrasing was slightly less corny.

Everyone was hallucinating about dead people they used to know, right? Except for Mama Bear, who was seeing her son who she left behind in a wheelchair on Earth with her ex. I took this to mean that her son had died after she left, although I suppose that's up for debate.

Big plot hole: When Justin was in the airlock, he was in pretty bad shape after just over 30 seconds of decompression; however, after Weir shot out a window, Miller survived what seemed to be several minutes of the same type of situation without any visible effects. That's fine with me, though. The movie still managed to keep me riveted and hanging on the edge of my seat (figuratively, since I was standing up washing dishes and such throughout most of the movie) even if it wasn't especially realistic--or perhaps because it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment